This comprehensive and authoritative five day briefing is designed for technicians who have a background in telecommunications but have no previous experience of commercial wireless applications. The course provides an essential introduction to 802.11 (Wi-Fi) and 802.16e/m (Roaming WiMAX) Wireless networks.
- Introduction to Earlier Technologies
- Introduction to Wireless and 4g Networking
- Understanding Wireless Basics
- 4g Technology: An Introduction
- 4g History
- How 4g Works
- 4g Applications and Services
- 4g Regulatory Issues
- 4g and Other Broadband Wireless Futures
- Wireless Bridge Links
- Wi-Fi Mesh Networks
- Wireless Ad Hoc networks
- Defining Wi-Fi Network Requirements
- Assessing Enterprise Wi-Fi Vendors
- Assessing Wi-Fi Network Suppliers
- Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWi-Fi or Wireless VoIP)
- Wi-Fi Security
- Wi-Fi Network Management
- Site Surveys, Design and Implementation
- 5 Days
- Any venue suitable for the client
The ability to work with Microsoft Windows is useful; however delegates require no previous technical knowledge or experience of wireless technologies or 4G protocols prior to attending this course. An understanding of the radio frequency spectrum is required as covered in the Wireless and Radio Engineering course.
Students undertaking these short courses will be provided with the knowledge and techniques to:
- Understand the principles and protocols of 4th Generation (4g) mobile communications (WiMAX and Long Term Evolution LTE)
- Understand how Wireless can be used to reduce wide area networking costs.
- Understand how Wireless can be used by mobile and roaming users, as an alternative to fixed line, dial-up and mobile communications solutions.
- Describe the organisations and laws governing the use of wireless networks.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and operating principles of Wireless.
- Describe the concepts and benefits of Voice over Wireless (Wireless VoIP).
- Appreciate the product ranges and offerings of the major enterprise Wireless vendors.
- Appreciate the choices that organisations face when implementing wireless LANs.
- Understand the terminology and jargon used with wireless LANs.
- Perform and understand professional planning, surveys, design and implementation processes with 802.11 wireless LANs and 802.16e/m WiMAX.
- Understand and quantify the support issues and resources for Wireless for your customers.
- Calculate the costs of implementing and supporting Wireless networks for your customers.
- Understand the security issues with Wireless and its potential impact on your customers.
- Understand the security mechanisms and countermeasures that are available for Wireless vulnerabilities.
- Understand the Wireless network auditing that is required by organisations running Wireless networks.